Community-based programming reflects the importance of the shared, human experience. We are social beings, and we thrive when our communities are also thriving. Disasters, war, disease and other events stress the bonds that hold us together.
- In this training you will learn basic skills for stress and trauma reduction and recovery through culturally appropriate and community-based techniques.
- A series of activities will help you explore stress in a positive way as you learn how to share these techniques with your family and friends.
- This program is equivalent to Levels 1&2 in Basic Focusing training.
- This workshop is designed to help you identify areas of personal and community resilience.
- Using Focusing and participatory exercises, you will learn to identify ways that your community can solve intractable issues by identifying solutions that are already there.
- This program is designed to promote problem solving and action-based research at the community level.
- You will engage in community-based activities that develop skills needed to conduct research in your own community.