Organization staff will use real issues and adapt basic steps to design their own needs assessment.
- In this workshop you will practice basic qualitative and participatory needs assessment methods.
- By the end of the workshop you will be able to identify and use five (5) different methods of community-based needs assessments.
Designing Your Project
- In this workshop you will learn to use group and visualization methods to develop a community-based program that includes psychosocial (PSS) wellness components.
- You will develop a draft document that reflects the input from community based on Participatory Research and Action (PRA) and Participatory Learning and Action (PLA).
* Prerequisite for this class is the Needs Assessment Training.
- In this workshop you will work experientially to develop an organizational or project strategic plan.
- Methods include Focusing, visualizations and a variety of culturally appropriate group processes.
- When multiple members and stakeholders of a single organization are enrolled, you will come away with a strategic planning draft document.
- If many organizations are represented, then you will have the benefit of multiple perspectives and have also learned a strategic planning procedure to take back to your organization.