Psychosocial Support training is a cornerstone of Focusing Initiatives International’s work. It is grounded in evidence based practices of wellness and resilience at the individual and community levels. The following programs are designed to support existing programs on PSS or to help your agency add PSS techniques to your community-based activities.
Community-based Focusing Training of Trainers*
This course is designed for anyone who would like to experience a community approach to inner healing.
- You will learn to use Focusing techniques for your own healing.
- You will discover culturally meaningful ways to share these techniques in your communities.
* Successful completion of this course qualifies you to be certified as a Certified Focusing Professional with The Focusing Institute.
Psychosocial Wellness for Aid Staff
Agencies working in either development or humanitarian settings will find this course to be valuable and practical.
- This training is designed to help aid staff deal with work related stress and trauma.
- Staff will be able to use self-care techniques with family, community and with program beneficiaries.
- By the end of the course, participants will have practiced self-care techniques, including Focusing, and will have learned ways to share these techniques in their work and home environments.
Psychological First Aid (PFA) Training of Trainers
- This is a training of trainers course that gives basic skills for helping staff and community in the midst of disaster, war or trauma.
- By the end of the course, participants will have explored basic PFA skills and practiced developing culturally appropriate training tools for their area and situation.
Emotional Resilience in Development Programming
- This series of workshops is designed to support aid staff members as they learn ways to incorporate self-care and resiliency programming into their agency’s development projects.
- By the end of the course, participants will have incorporated these practices into their on-going development programs.