- In this workshop you will explore your own society’s gender roles through a variety of interactive activities and group processes.
- You will learn to identify significant attitudes about gender roles, and how these are embedded in your culture and community.
- Gender specific needs and issues will be explored from a community perspective.
- You will explore the ways that gender roles in your society bring about socio-economic inequities.
- You will learn to identify key gender-based power dynamics and access to resources.
- You will practice using these techniques to improve policy and planning.
- In this workshop series, you will analyse and critique the development and planning policies of your agency.
- The program starts with an examination of basic gender issues and then looks at individual agencies’ policies and programs as they impact those issues.
- You will identify areas of inequity within your organization and propose culturally appropriate ways to ensure greater gender-based human rights, including issues for LGBT groups.
* This program is enriched when we have the participation of individuals from many different agencies.
** This program is most successful when done in modules over several months)