In this series of workshops, our trainers work with local staff to develop their skills in data collection and analysis, and report writing. In the past, we have worked with either existing data from an organization or have helped staff set up and run surveys (from the initial planning stage through to the writing of the report).
Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E)
This program can be adapted for those who are new to project monitoring and evaluation processes. For those with experience in this field, new modalities will be explored.
- In this workshop you will learn basic participatory monitoring and evaluation (M&E) methods.
- By the end of the workshop you will be able to identify and use at least five (5) different community-based M&E techniques.
Community Research Techniques
This program is designed for non-professionals, community members and local groups.
- You will learn and practice basic participatory techniques both in the classroom and within a community.
- You will learn ethical research standards.
- By the end of the workshop, you will have competency in at least five (5) key techniques and will have designed a basic PRA/PLA work plan for your community.
This training is specifically designed to support community action for social change.
- You will learn how to design and carry out a basic PRA/PLA survey using basic participatory techniques.
- This program has a strong ethics component.
- By the end of the workshop, you will have competency in qualitative data collection and data management.
Survey, Data Analysis
Using participants’ own data, this workshop support non-technical, field-based data analysis.
- You will learn and practice basic qualitative data analysis techniques using data you have collected yourself in the classroom and within a community.
- By the end of the workshop, you will have practiced a variety of qualitative data analysis techniques.
Survey, Report Writing*
- You will learn and practice basic techniques for writing reports, including those based on qualitative data analysis.
- By the end of the workshop, you will have drafted a report format for your organization.
* We suggest that you bring current data from your organization to this workshop.
Writing From Your Body
- This workshop consists of a number of creative writing exercises that help you get in touch with and write from your body’s store of experience.
- You will learn how to tell your stories more effectively by finding the “just right” words to give the story its deepest meanings.