Writing From Your Body Webinars
“Anna is a generous, knowledgeable teacher and kind spirit who provides safety to explore the unknown recesses of one’s creative ability. I totally enjoyed both of her workshops I’ve attended, particularly experiencing surprise from the results of my writing from my body’s wisdom.“
You carry every moment you have ever lived deep in the cells of your body.
Your mind may have forgotten an experience, but your body holds it and carries it forward. You can draw on your body’s wisdom to deepen and enrich your writing whether you are writing for pleasure or for work.
When you write from your body you can:
• find the “just right” words to capture a scene or situation
• get a sense of how to organize your thoughts so that they support your thesis
• find metaphors that create the emotional context that will give your story its deepest meanings
• make your characters more complex and fully realized
• help your plots along by having the action move forward naturally from your character’s inner needs and unconscious motivations
• take a pause to get a clear sense of what is not working for you about a piece of writing
• use writing exercises in group settings to promote healing and resilience.
We invite you to join us for any or all of three writing webinars (8 am PST, 11 am EST, 4 pm UK, 5 pm Europe).
• October 6: we will focus on work-related writing – reports, proposals, grants, correspondence
• October 20: we will explore creative projects – fiction, poetry, journaling, creative non-fiction
• November 3: we will share ways to use writing to promote healing and resilience.
These three 2-hour workshops introduce a number of writing exercises that will help you get in touch with and write from your body’s store of experience, drawing on the deep meaning and significance that come directly from that experience.
Be prepared to write during the class, using either your computer or paper and pencil. There will be a half-hour post-workshop question and answer discussion period for those who wish to stay beyond the scheduled workshop period.
Both experienced Focusers and non-Focusers are welcome.